If your application was successful, you will be able to check the NSFAS Track Status for your NSFAS loan online. To do this, you will need to log in to the NSFAS website using your student number and ID number. Once you have logged in, you will be able to see the status of your loan application and any other relevant information.
Steps to NSFAS Track Status of NSFAS
If you are an NSFAS student, you can check the status of your application online. Here’s how:
- Go to https://www.nsfas.org.za/
- Click on the ‘Track Your Application’ button
- Enter your ID number and click ‘Search’
- Your application status will be displayed on the screen
If you applied for NSFAS funding before the 1st of April 2018, you will not be able to track your application online. You can contact NSFAS on 086 006 6789 or email [email protected] for more information about your application status.
Application Evaluation Steps
- The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will evaluate your application to determine if you qualify for financial assistance.
- If you are found to be eligible, NSFAS will provide you with a loan or bursary to cover the costs of your tertiary education.
- You will bem required to repay the loan or bursary once you have completed your studies and are in employment.
- NSFAS will also provide you with guidance and support throughout your studies to ensure that you are successful in your academic pursuits.
If Status is Not Showing
If you have applied for NSFAS funding and your status is not showing, there could be a few reasons why. The most common reason is that your application is still being processed. It can take up to eight weeks for NSFAS to review and assess applications, so if you applied recently, it’s possible your status hasn’t been updated yet.
Another possibility is that you did not meet the eligibility criteria for NSFAS funding. In order to be eligible, you must be a South African citizen and demonstrate financial need. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will likely be unsuccessful.
If Showing Status Unsuccessful
If you have applied for NSFAS funding and your status shows unsuccessful, there are a few things you can do.
First, check to make sure that you have met all of the eligibility requirements for NSFAS funding. If you have not, you will need to take care of that before anything else.
Next, check the status of your application to see if it has been processed. If it has not, then you will need to wait for it to be processed before you can do anything else.
Finally, if your application is showing as unsuccessful, you can appeal the decision. You will need to provide supporting documentation to show why you believe you should receive funding. Once you have submitted your appeal, a decision will be made and you will be notified of the outcome.
If you have not received your NSFAS Track Status notification, please be patient as the process is still underway. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will release a statement shortly to provide clarity on the situation.
We urge students and parents to remain calm as we work through this process together. Please visit our website or social media platforms for updates. Thank you for your continued support during this time.