The NSFAS applications for 2022 have been officially closed. NSFAS 2022 closing date was 7 January 2022. The procedure for NSFAS 2022 applications has been briefly explained here so you can get an idea of how to apply for the NSFAS applications for the years 2023-2024. The NSFAS-certified documents required are:
- Your ID copies
- Latest academic result copies
- Latest family income status
If you are a part-timer or work somewhere then you need to give your income status as well.
If you meet the following guidelines, then you’re eligible for the NSFAS program 2022.
- Citizen of South Africa
- Valid national ID
- Availing the NSFAS funding for the first time
- Be enrolled or already accepted for enrollment in a public university or TVET college
Now that the applications are already closed for the year 2022. Here’s the guide to help you apply for the academic year 2023-2024.
NSFAS Application Online 2023-2024
If you require financial assistance for your higher education, apply for the NSFAS program for the academic year 2023-2024. This program’s application period is anticipated to begin on September 1 and end on November 30, 2022. Therefore, you must submit an online application through the NSFAS website if you want to apply for NSFAS 2023. Apply prior to the closing date.
NSFAS is a South African government scheme that provides financial aid to needy undergraduate students. For them to continue their studies after graduation. It is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
How to Apply for NSFAS online – 2023
You need to fulfill a few requirements to be eligible. We will explain how to apply for NSFAS and what the application procedure comprises in this article. We really hope that this data will help you to make an informed choice regarding your future!
To apply for NSFAS online for the year 2023, follow the steps below
- Visit the official website of NSFAS at the NFAS web
- Click on the “my NFSAS” button at the top right corner
- Then create your account on the next page
- After creating your account click on the “Apply” button
- They will ask you certain questions and answer them.
- After filling in your personal details check to update them
- Upload the required documents
- After completing your application, click on the “Submit” button
It will take some time but after the approval of your application, your whole degree will be funded by them. But for enjoying this perk you must maintain good academic results and your reputation in the institute. Pass all your exams with good grades so you can keep receiving the funds.
NSFAS Application Requirements for 2023-2024
Before applying for the NSFAS Application please check if you meet the following requirements.
- You should be a citizen of South Africa or if you are already enrolled in any public university or TVET college, you are eligible for the NSFAS program.
- The combined income of your family is less than R350 000 annually.
- You are a SASSA grant recipient
- If you have any disability and your combined household income is less than R600 000 per year.
- If you started your university before 2018 and your combined household income is less than R 122 000 annually.
NSFAS Application Supporting Documents Required
Since NSFAS is a fully funded financial support, they require more personal and related information from you. Please include the following additional documents:
- Your personal phone number along with your email address
- Your ID card or birth certificate copy
- National ID Card copy of your guardians, parents, or spouse
- Proof of parent’s or guardian’s income
- Your own income proof (if applicable)
- If you receive a SASSA grant, your income evidence is not necessary.
- If you have any disability, provide a complete signed Disability Form (if any is provided to you)
NSFAS Contact Details
Along with the website, you can also contact NSFAS via the following channels
Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Instagram handle: @myNSFAS
Twitter handle: @myNSFAS
Email: [email protected]
Now that you are aware of all the specifics of the NSFAS program, be sure to have the supporting documents prepared. To ensure that you don’t miss the application deadline, keep visiting their website.