An NSFAS appeal form is needed when your application is rejected and you want to appeal again. In that case, you must fill out the NSFAS Appeal form and submit it. so that they can review your application again. NSFAS offers funds for deserving students. Last year, they accepted almost 300,000 applications. But almost 65,000 were rejected.
How do submit the NSFAS Appeal form?
If the application is rejected, students can submit their appeal directly to NSFAS along with the specified documents that are required in the following email.
Alternatively, you can download the appeal form from the official NSFAS website, www.nsfas.org.za. Complete the appeal form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office at the institute.
Documents to submit along with appeal form 2022
You need to submit the following documents along with the appeal form.
- Vulnerable child declaration form Download Form
- Declaration form non-SASSA Download Form
- Disability Annexure A form Download Form
How do appeal if you’re a first-time entering student?
You can appeal by following the steps below.
- Login to your NSFAS account. https://my.nsfas.org.za
- Click on the button that says “Track Application Progress”
- Check the application progress tabs at the top
- If your status is “Application unsuccessful”, then click on “Submit Appeal”
- The application appeal page will show you the reason for the dismissal of your application
- Now write a good reason for your appeal with a genuine reason.
- Make sure the reason does not exceed more than a thousand characters.
- Attach the supporting documents in the required format (JPEG, PDF, PNG).
- Make sure the document size is not more than 5MB
- Click the “Submit appeal” button.
NSFAS Appeal Requirements
Appeals will be reviewed exclusively on the following basis:
- If there are major changes in the overall family income, Provide proof of loss of income along with a fully completed NSFAS form if you were not funded.
- Failure to complete academic requirements because of a medical issue or the passing of a close relative. In that case, you’ll be required to provide supporting documents and proof.
- Unable to meet academic expectations even with prior acceptable academic performance. You need to provide evidence of the reasons why performance was affected.
- The student was unable to reapply for funding because they had a gap year in their NSFAS funding or had previously failed to register.
- Concurrent enrollment of multiple members of the same family at a university or TVET college
- Applying for a postgraduate degree that has been accepted.
Keep on checking the official website to track the status of your application. If your application is approved, the status will be “Approved for funding subject to registration”. If it is rejected, then it will say “Application unsuccessful.”
How long do NSFAS appeals take?
If you have provided all the documents and completed the application form, you will receive a response within 30 days.
Do I have to pay any registration fee for the appeal?
If your NSFAS application is rejected and you want to appeal again, you might be asked to pay the registration fee. However, after your appeal is successful, your registration fee will be refunded.
A lot of students appeal again. So don’t worry about it. Just make sure you’ve met the requirements and provide enough evidence with a motivational letter stating your reason for the appeal.